Friday 2 October 2015

Writing with heart

My stories are written from my heart. They are an extension of my feelings, a reflection of my thinking and a window into my soul. 
All fiction, most loosely based on actual events, persons and emotions created and experienced.
I have had a rough childhood. I have experienced a range of sad emotions and a host of horrible experiences from a very young age. I have harboured darkness, I have overcome it and I have learnt how to keep it at bay.
But it will be a part of who I am forever. It was part of my formative years and it helped in shaping me who I am today.

Whoever you are who reads my stories, never assume it is about you.
And even if you know it is about you, never assume that the feelings that existed during the creation of the story, still exists. 
Stories, as with diary entries, are meant to be read and understood in the moment it is written about. Not before. And not later. See, stories from the heart are created by emotions and emotions are fleeting. It is not permanent and it is definitely not the ultimate.

My best stories comes from the darkest corners within me. The worst feelings of regret and guilt and shame and disapproval brings forth the most emotional stories. I know they are not the best. I know that they need tweaking or changes... but they are mine.

Enjoy the stories, they are my heart. From my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment